In November 2012, the Rural Development Trust appointed Willie Miller Urban Design to work up a range of projects for the town centre which had previously been identified in the Market Towns Initiative study in 2010. These projects have been prepared in close association with the Community Council, Avondale Civic Society, Adam’s Community Trust, Strathaven Business Group and Rotary. We are now at the stage of presenting these projects to the wider Strathaven community – initially at a drop-in exhibition held in a shop at 22 Common Green. The exhibition graphics are available to download here (4.6 MB PDF) or you can review the eight panels as images starting from here. The survey is now closed – thanks for participating. We received much useful feedback which will be incorporated in future proposals.
Subscribe to updates
To subscribe to occasional notifications of updates and new posts on this website, please use this link to signup.
- Belfast Integrated Strategic Tourism Framework
- Tranent Town Centre Charrette: integrating past and present
- St Helier Urban Character Appraisal: a guide for policy formulation
- Darlington Gateways: focusing future investment
- Tain: Conservation Area Appraisal
- Regent Gardens, Kirkintilloch: a community-led redesign